For Valentine's Day this year, Chase took the family to the Birmingham Zoo. I haven't been to the zoo in probably ten years, and I was amazed at how much had changed. If you haven't been lately, it is worth a trip. I would wait until it warms up though, because some of the animals were hibernating, like the hippo and the alligators.
The first area we visited was Kangaroo Korner, set up like an outback camp, with many hands on activities for children. Raughley LOVED the kanga's and tried to wave at them over and over.
Look how cute they are! When they lay down to relax, they stretch out like they are posing for sports illustrated swimsuit issue. SO funny.
The flamingos were so cute, and got really close to the fence. I had to step back in case they decided to peck away.
After touring the primate area (which is how I remembered it) and seeing the construction for the new Africa exhibit (which is going to be SO COOL), we entered the Children's Zoo. I had never seen this area. It had a playground, carousel, barn yard animals, and an Alabama Wilds exhibit with eagles, vultures, owls, etc.
little lion Raughley
Too little to ride the carousel, but they did let us pose for a picture!
he loved the barnyard animals!
This little lady was hysterical. She inched closer and closer to me as if to say "check out my hat, isn't it simply stunning!" We were cracking up at her little personality.
Finally, we made it to the Savannah area, to see the zebras!
And the lion. He was taking a snooze.
While his lady friend watched out for dinner.
"Honey, could you bring me a beer, the game's on"


No comments:
Post a Comment