Monday, June 7, 2010

Little sick one

So the Wise family is down in Boca Grande for a hiatus... and what happens our first night here?   The dreaded bug!  The big D hit hard yesterday, which I deemed the side effects of four teeth gracing us with their presence, but when a fever of 103.1 appeared, I freaked.  Called the mother, the MIL, the doctor, etc.  What with the tylenol recall I wasn't sure what to do.  The doc assured me that our target brand aceteminophen was sufficient, and after some cold compresses, medicine, and lots of rocking and snuggling, little man went to sleep.  Chase and I took turns getting up to administer meds and check on the poor guy, and this morning he seems somewhat back to normal!  Verdict's still out as to whether it's teething or a bug, but I guess it doesn't really matter as long as he's feeling better.  The lesson learned is that babies can handle high fevers, and it's okay to see 103 on a small child, where as if I had 103 we would be really worried.  We wouldn't have needed to panic until we saw 105!!!  I'll post new teeth pics as soon as I can get him to smile wide enough for the camera, because we have 3 in and 1 more on the way.  As for now, I'm ready to see more of this...
(meaning happy, not naked on a car)
S

No comments:

Post a Comment