Monday, November 1, 2010

Together on Halloween, Again!

Well, Friday night while Raughley was spending the night with his Grandparents, he came down with a bad fever, one of those "bugs" that goes around, and the poor guy was prone all weekend on my chest, therefore, no trick-or-treating.  However, I feel like he got enough of the holiday in the week of, and myself, I was glad of the break.  By Friday I had had enough of the old Halloween.  Call me a scrooge, but I'm just ready for the next phase, the most wonderful time of the year!.  
Before this happened though, we had one last bash at Laura's on Friday night.  

This party seems to be a tradition amongst our friends.  For years it seems, while we may not make the effort on each other's birthdays consistently, nor do we play dirty santa at Christmas time, we always seem to have time for each other on Halloween. 

Laura hosted the party this year, and the costumes were some of the best yet.  

You saw above, Pocahontas, Maria, a cat, a martian, an astronaut, and here we have a Doc in the Box, Cheerleader, 

And The Count from Sesame Street (wins the random costume award I believe)

Here are the gals, from left to right: Kesha, Cheerleader (laura to be exact) Maria, Snooki, Emma Pilsbury from Glee (Adam was Mr. Shu- loved them!, and Martian)

So while I'm reminiscing on old Halloweens, I though I would bring out some old pics of the gang:

Last year, the boys and their 90's wrestler outfits

some of the gals,

J-Bo and I and the little man.  They were missed this year!

Three years ago (I have no pics from 2 years ago, as I was pregnant and not in a very good mindset for costuming)  That year we were all stars:  Paris and Nicole, Angie, and the girls next door. And for the life of me and I can't remember who Jeris was.  Jeris??  Thoughts?

Many years ago... the cast of Wicked!

Not sure who they were that year either.  How the memory does go!

This was from college.  Most of our friends dressed up as each other.  

W.O.W. The three blind mice were precious. 

Junior Year, Chase and my first Halloween together. 
Sophomore year, I was tinkerbell- J. C. is wearing my wings.  Chase and I went on our first date about a week later.  


Freshman year, we decorated the doors on our hallway.  

Time flies when your having fun pretending to be someone else! 

2 comments: