Tuesday, February 22, 2011

D.I.Y.

It has been a long time project of mine to recover our dining room chairs.  

I am not a DIY person, you could maybe call me crafty, but I usually get too impatient to complete a job the right way.  So the fact that I did this myself is huge!  Unscrewing the previous chair bottoms, 

Finding and choosing the fabrics (choosing being the operative word)

Purchasing and using the staple gun, measuring the fabric, the job was big, but I am proud to say I tackled it!


And finally, after screwing all eight pieces back onto their frames...

Viola!  New upholstery!

The room looks so bright and cheery with all the sunshiny yellow!  I will have to take the two main chairs to be done by a professional, but I'm pretty proud to have done most of the work myself!  
And, the good news is I used half the fabric I intended to, so if little hands spill and dirty, we can always replace!


1 comment: