Monday, September 21, 2009

alfalfa sprout

As we enter month five of R's life, I have been thinking about what a good natured little guy he has been throughout, well, his whole life I guess.  He came into this world and quickly put himself on a schedule.  He has been eating five times a day since he was about 2 months old.  That would be breakfast when he wakes up, followed by brunch 3 hours later, then lunch, dunch (dinner and lunch in case you were wondering) and then dinner.  Each feeding is followed by a nap of some sorts, which in most cases lasts only 20 minutes or so.  He takes after his mother I guess, and doesn't like to nap.  Every couple of days he will get really cranky and need a 2 hour snooze thrown in for good measure.  Now that we have introduced fruits and vegetables, he is slowly working his way up to a 4 meal a day schedule, which is even more mommy friendly.  I guess we cut out dunch, since it is the weirdest of them all.  (Most people would call that "afternoon snack".)  Life at this point in his life, is really good.  Now once he starts crawling, all things will turn upside down and we will have to get readjusted again, but I guess that is what having a baby is all about, constantly readjusting your lifestyle and daily routine.  It is worth every second.

Another memory I had was thinking about when Raughley's hair fell out.   Well, all the hairs but one.  We called it the "antenna" or "Who hair"  (as in Dr. Suess's Who's down in Who-ville).  Guess what- the hair is still there, it has not fallen out yet.  At some point I guess I will have to cut it, as it will be inches longer than the rest of his hair.  But for now, it is so funny to look at- his own little alfalfa sprout!


  

2 comments:

  1. yes I did, it was a little emotional for me I must say... so many memories! haha... I think hes too small though bc after about three swings he was done.

    ReplyDelete