Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Many Happy Returns of the Day!

pooh-lumpy-tigger-piglet-roo-birthday-party.jpg

"Where was I going? Ah, yes, Eeyore." He got up slowly. And then, suddenly, he remembered.He had eaten Eeyore's birthday present!



"Bother!" said Pooh. "What shall I do? I must give him something."



For a little while he couldn't think of anything. Then he thought: "Well, it's a very nice pot, even if there's no honey in it, and if I washed it clean, and got somebody to write 'A Happy Birthday' on it, Eeyore could keep things in it, which might be Useful."





My Aunt Bee wrote this on my facebook wall this morning, and I just love this passage from Winnie the Pooh.  He is such a little mess of a pooh bear, and reminds me of my little mess who is already walking, talking (baby babble- no words) and golfing.  Eating everything in sight (including dirt), stacking, pushing his shopping cart around, opening drawers and cabinets, exploring, climbing, hugging and laughing and bringing joy to everyone around him.  I can't believe this time last year we were in the hospital bringing him into the world.  Time really flies when you're having fun!

We love you little sweet boy- Happy First Birthday to you!!!! 


1 comment:

  1. I might be OBSESSED with this blog! Happy 1st bday R-man!

    ReplyDelete