Sunday was a full day in the Wise's World. It all started with a Baby Shower for Ellen (which I got no pictures of, unfortunately), and ended with a Birthday party for David Estess at the Overton Road Fire Station! What a treat for a little boy who is slowly showing interest and understanding when it comes to cars and trucks and things that go.
Yes, I know this is blurry, but I thought it was such a sweet face that I had to post!
The kids formed a line and walked through the fire station, viewing the firemen's sleeping quarters and living space. The toddlers were clueless as the fire chief spoke about fire safety and having a family plan, but the adults got something out of it for sure.
Someone came alive outside by the big red engine, running around making me chase him up and down the lot.
Listening to the fire chief. My heart gave a little pang watching him stand with other pals and be such a big boy.
His best pal, Wyatt.
The buds got to sit in the truck together and pose for picks. They were awed and overwhelmed.
What a cute party favor! He loved this hat and makes me and his Daddy put it on!
MMMM, slurping ice cream!
After eating his own cookie cake, he reached over and plucked Wyatt's off his plate. Before I could say anything it was gone. Don't worry, Wyatt had another piece!



No comments:
Post a Comment