Friday, July 15, 2011

Last Day of Disney


Sunrise on Lake Disney
Just to give you a time frame of how far behind I am in blogging, these pics were taken when I was 9 weeks along.  Now I am 13.  So at this point I was queasy, nauseous, tired, no exhausted, but managed to garner some strength from somewhere to make it through 2 days of Dis.  And actually, it wasn't that hard.  I felt better those two days than most of the previous 9 weeks.  On this particular morning, we woke up at 6 to make it to the Magic Kingdom by early hour opening, where you get in an hour early if you stay on "campus".  Totally worth it.  


Someone is so tired!

One of the biggest surprises was waiting on the park to open, and getting to watch a small show starring Mickey and the gang!  Such a treat for Ra Ra.  He once again introduced himself to Mickey.  


Then we entered the park and Raughley was open mouthed for most of the day.  I know you are going to think this is so cheesy of me, but I have been to Disney World with some of the most important people in my life.  Family,  my high school friends, Chase, so to bring my son here was really cool.  I have all these memories of being here at 3, 9, 12, 16, 23 and 25, but this was one of the best.  


We did notice that the Kramer's kids, who we came with, were able to do a lot more at 4 and 6 than R was at 2, so we will keep that in mind for the next trip.  
 Now here come the rides...

First we rode Peter Pan's flight, then came the obligatory 
It's a small world, which Raughley loved.  





Then came Winnie the Pooh, who is quickly outpacing Mickey as the favorite character of the moment.
The line for Dumbo was too long, so we opted for the photo shot on the free standing Dumbo instead.  

Turned out just as cute I think.  

 At this point the park was opening for the rest of the crowd, so we knew things were going to get busy.

So we headed for Adventure land where we rode the Jungle Cruise, Alladin's magic carpet, and get this... Pirates!  Yes, Raughley made it through Pirates without one tear.  

Then, while the others rode splash mountain, Ra and I found another friend.  He was very scared of Donald, so all we managed was a pound.  And by this time folks, I was sweating buckets.  



A movie break was what we needed, and a little paci time too.  
So we knew time was running short, therefore photo ops with characters became more of "let's snap a pic of them with us standing in the foreground.... works for me.  

After lunch we managed a few more rides in Tomorrowland.  This one was a huge hit.  Buzz Lightyears adventure.  

 After this we headed straight for the door, managing to catch a peak of Buzz himself.

We caught sight of these two as we were headed out of the park, 

but someone was already asleep.  

No comments:

Post a Comment