Friday, October 26, 2012

Saint Monica

This is the Palisades Park.  Great place to walk and see the scenes.  

It stretches almost from our hotel to the boardwalk.  People are there doing everything from sleeping to yoga to martial arts and L.A.R.Ping (live action role play- like dungeons and dragons for those of you who aren't my weird friends from college) While walking on this path you can see restaurants,


one of our favorites


Military Memorials

And our hotel .

Not a great pic, but that's our hotel in the back

And this really cool statue of Santa Monica.  I was really curious as to who she was, so I googled her.  

I found some info on Wikipedia:

The city of Santa Monica, California, is named after Monica. A legend states that in the 18th century Father Juan Crespí named a local dripping spring Las Lagrimas de Santa Monica ("Saint Monica’s Tears") (today known as the Serra Springs) that was reminiscent of the tears that Saint Monica shed over her son's early impiety




1 comment:

  1. Proud to be a "weird friend from college." The pics of y'all at the after-rehearsal dinner are ADORABLE. How fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete