Monday, August 17, 2009

Rice Cereal

Last night was a big first in the Wise household. Chase and I got to experience spoon feeding a child for the first time. I've never seen anything so messy in my life!
In other news, Chase and I are trying to teach Raughley sign language- not the full blown thing but just a few important signs to help him communicate with us before he can talk. Supposedly this cuts down on lots of temper tantrums and frustrations. Right now the only way I know how to teach it is to show him the Baby Einstein signs video in the mornings while I'm getting ready for the day. Then later I try to reinforce the important signs as we encounter them during the day. It's an interesting experience, and if it works I will be very excited. More to come on that.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Rebecca

    We taught Frances Ellen some sign language...just a few things like milk, more and please. She still does them and it does seem to ease frustration and help us communicate a little better. I can't stand grunting and pointing and trying to figure out what it is they want!

    ReplyDelete