Thursday, April 22, 2010

It's tough being 1 year old...


Today has been a tough day.  Little man is teething... I read somewhere that if adults had to go through the pain of teething we couldn't handle it without major pain killers.  Poor little guys- no wonder you don't remember being so young.  Yesterday I noticed R was unusually fussy, and nothing would calm him down.  I rubbed some orajel on his gums and felt something really hard- a tooth!  well, this morning I felt a little farther- it was like a tooth farm in there- there must be at least 4!!!  No wonder he's been so clingy and fussy!  Nothing would calm the little guy down except for laying his head on my shoulder and having me walk around- not stand still- and definitely not sit down.  Well I could have sat all day, but walking was wearing me out, so I tried- out of desperation some other options, and the one thing that worked was his toothbrush!  What the teething ring, ice cube, silver rattle could not do, the toothbrush did- soothed his sore hurting gums (well that and some infant tylenol). This toothbrush did not leave his side all day long, as you can see...


Sad and hurting


And better now that he has his toothbrush!
See the runny nose, wet eyes and sad face.


It even followed him into the tub,

But if it made him happy, I didn't care.

And boy did his mood change.  I set him out of the tub, and before I could reach for the towel, he was RUNNING down the hall, toothbrush in hand, laughing.  If only I could show you the full picture (this one is cropped) of his naked little body toddling away from me as fast as his chubby little legs could carry him.  Nothing could have made me happier than to hear that laugh.  




1 comment:

  1. love it. just what i needed to read after a long day. :) hope the precious gets to feeling better stat!

    ReplyDelete