Saturday, January 2, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I can't believe it is 2010. It feels like just yesterday that we entered the new mellenium and celebrated new years 2000.  So much happened this decade.  I went to college in '01, met Chase in '02, graduated in '05, got engaged in '06, married in '07, moved in '08 and had Raughley in '09.  That is a lot of ground to cover in 10 years!  What a crazy ride it has been!  I hope that the "teens" are just as wonderful.

Usually each January I set a few New Years Resolutions. Oh there are always the usuals, lose weight, dress up more, etc.  And while I would still love to stay in shape, do more for others, and record important events in my life (ie this blog) this year I really didn't want to set a bunch of resolutions that I couldn't keep, so I settled on just one small, measurable goal that I can follow every day:

Floss.

I'm not off to a very good start, as it is now January 2nd, and I forgot last night when I came in.  Oh well, at least I won't have the guilt that comes with jumping off track of your resolution by January 15th.

2010 is looking great already though, as we started it off with a bang at a fabulous New Year's party at The Club.  I took lots of video of that night, and once I weed through the embarrasing ones, I'll post a few.  The most exciting event of the night was that Sara Katherine Belser got engaged to long time bf John Janeky (am I spelling his name right?  Probably not.)  What an exciting moment, right at midnight, he got down on one knee, right in the middle of all of us, who knew already and were anticipating the big event.  I got it on camera, in hopes to give to SK.

Well, now that I'm done yammering about NYE, here are some last few pics from December 09 to wrap things up... a few from dinner with Jane, our play date with Wyatt and Caroline ( I can't believe how big they have gotten!) and Carl's sweet dogs, who stayed with us while he went to Philly for an MLA conference.  Enjoy, and stay tuned for next week, when we HEAD TO CALIFORNIA for the BCS championship in Pasadena.  I will have tons to post from out West.
























No comments:

Post a Comment