Sunday, March 20, 2011

Activities at the Inn

While at the beach, the Gasparilla Inn had some Spring Break family activities available for us to do while Chase played Golf.  

First, we took Pooh Bear to the Teddy Bear Tea Party!  Definitely a girl's activity, but R had fun anyway.

Pooh even got to taste a cookie.

After about ten minutes he started falling apart and we had to leave, right after I announce to all the ladies who lunch and their lily dressed daughters that R just had a boil lanced and he is having a tough day.  Lovely. 



More up our alley was the visit to see Red Beard the Pirate and his sidekick parrot Bones.

Now this Raughley loved.  Red Beard told stores and Bones talked and ate crackers for the kids.

 R kept going "bu, bu"  which I took to mean Bird.
However, about fifteen minutes into this activity, he decided it was time to call it a day, waved bye bye to Bones and walked out the door, not even a wave to his mama.  I go running after him, diaper bag in hand, realized that he had simply had enough and as calling the shots regarding our afternoon activities.  I thought it would be teenage years before this happened, but I guess I was wrong.

I gave him a break though, because he was feeling pretty bad at this point.  
Well have to visit Red Beard again another time, because he was pretty great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment