As we approach Raughley's *gasp* 2nd Birthday, I wanted to take some time to reflect on all he has learned and done, so that I will forever remember the sweet wonderful little person he was at age one.
So today I thought I would think about the words he has learned, and his little babbling that goes on all day long at la Casa de Wise.
All day long I hear this gibberish that I can't quite translate for you, but it comes tangent with head bobbing, bouncing, running, flailing arms and massive facial expressions, so I know it must mean something to him. Every once in a while a word or phrase will come through, and he has discovered another word out of the English Language.
My favorite thing is when he walks around the yard talking to himself, waving a stick or a golf club. Or how about when he runs up to mommy with something like a ball, and has this proud look on his face, smiling and saying, "A BA!" Here are a few other examples:
Objects:
ball- "A Ba"
Golf club- "ga "
Golf cart- "ga ca"
Mickey- "key"
Goofy- "goo"
Donald- "da"
car- "ca"
Pooh- "poo"
Belly Button- "dee"
Hat- "ha"
Bath- "Baaa"
Water- "wa"
Shoe- "soo"
train- "whoo whoo"
milk- "mmmm"
duck- "du"
Family- (can you guess who these people are?)
Maa
Da da
Rah
Pat Pat
Cah
Pop
maaeeeey
wih (only said it once, but it counts)
Mmmm
Gidi
Gi
Be
jgkrljoe- (ill give you a hint here, this is Aunt Frances Ellen- she just gets gibberish for now)
woof woof
wiieeeeee
keeee
And what we are so proud about, his most recent accomplishment- the sentence!
I see a bah!
and bye bye dada!

So fun! Talking is the best, because you finally get to find out what's going on in that little head. :)
ReplyDeleteHis outfits are soooo cute. Do you make them?