My brother was recently asked to speak at the first ever TEDx Red Mountain Convention.
It was held in the Avon Theatre in Lakeview, which is a old beautiful theater that I believe is now a church.
The building was really cool, with exposed steel beams and brick, along with old painted panels that are still beautiful even as they deteriorate.
The goal of the evening was to share ideas, so we were asked to mingle and discuss our passions with the crowd.
Which included, a state senator, my old high school principal (MB grads, see if you can spot him in one of the pics), news anchors, leaders of different non profit and for profit organizations around the state, and my brother.
Pretty Cool!
Below you will see the picture that I will have framed next to the one of Chase, Raughley and Coach Saban, as this one means almost as much to me as that one does to them.
TADA!!!!! I was very star struck to meet him, as I consider him basically a hero.
Next, the speaking began. MC'd by Alan Hunter, we heard from James, the head of ALabama's FEMA, the DOH, The head of Alabama Poverty, and so on and so forth.

After the speakers were finished, the lady in charge came back on stage and presented Patrick with a painting, made by the participants of the evening. Everyone had a chance through out the evening to "Make Your Mark" on the painting.
Parts of the artwork were stripped away to reveal a sunburst.
And I forgot to mention that P received the only standing ovation. Wow.
I was so thankful to get to attend, and it sounds like this is just the first of many Tedx Red Mountain events to occur, and I recommend going to one if you can. Very Cool.



















hate i missed this. Sounds like Pat kicked serious ass. Cant wait for the next one!
ReplyDelete