One of the first things we did while in NYC was walk through Washington Square Park, near the NYU campus. I was so excited about this, because this was the area where I lived when I spent a summer in New York in college. We lived in an NYU dorm with a tiny bathroom and two bedrooms, and looked out over the old men playing chess in the park each morning. I haven't been back to New York since the summer of 2002, over ten years. I loved seeing how things were still the same!
The arch always makes me think of Friends!
The dorm we lived in.
Chess players in the distance. There weren't as many as I remembered.
Great view of the Freedom Tower.
And 11 years ago....
view from our room
Our room.
Chess Men.
Empire State Building. 9-11 had happened 9 months earlier.
Same building, same flag, ten years earlier.
From the Billy Joel song, "I'm moving out."
The fashion looks a bit different, but other than that it's funny how some things pretty much stay the same.




















omg!!!! what did we do there anyway?
ReplyDelete