Friday, January 15, 2010

9 months old!

Raughley turned 9 months yesterday, which means the time since he has born was the same amount of time as I was pregnant, with one exception- this 9 months has FLOWN by and that one dragged on and on.  I can't believe he is so big!  17 pounds, 28 3/4 inches, his head is 17 inches.  He eats 3 bottles and 3 meals a day, and is crawling, pulling up and walking while holding onto someone's fingers. R has two teeth! He says baba, mama, and hey, and hopefully will say dad soon.  The doctor said it is really rare to say mama first, so he must be headed down a brilliant career path of being a linguist of some sort :)  He throws a few tantrums when it is bedtime, he gets his nose wiped, or he has a toy taken away from him- which the doctor says is like the terrible two's hitting really early, hopefully.  It would be nice to get that over with early on.  She gave me some book recommendations on discipline and parenting that I will check out.  Little man is such a joy to be around and is usually happy and content, unless he is going through one of the above situations.  He loves cars, dogs, and remote controls.  Lately, he has been doing this cute grin that we call the "Chen" grin, after our friend Chen, who smiles just like that.


This is a great view of those teeth also!


pulling up, although it looks funny from the angle I took the picture.
I can't wait to see how he changes again in the next month, it seems like each day brings exciting new experiences for him.  Chase and I sure are loving this little guy!

1 comment: