It's official, Lindsay's wedding festivities have begun...with a bang. I went last weekend to Austin, TX with L's girlfriends for her bachelorette party. Never having been to Austin before, I was prepared for anything- any I think we experienced a little of everything. Plenty of hook 'em horns paraphernalia, but not a lot of boots and chaps. That part surprised me. Instead, the vibe felt more... Yankee? I'm not sure how to describe, except for lots of gelled hair on guys, plenty of goth, etc. Of course that was on 6th Street, where we spent our first night out. Turns out 6th street is VERY touristy. Although I had a ball, and really enjoyed the pizza stand on the way home at the end of the night.
BTW- the pictures below and above are courtesy of Lindsay's friend Abby, who is a very talented photographer, and graciously shared her pics with all of us.
Lindsay's friends, who were so sweet to me- I felt right at home with them!
Here is how we started the night- Austin was so welcoming- they gave us free drinks everywhere we went, because of our bachelorette.


These may look yummy, but I soon learned they are nothing but sugar!!! No alchohol whatsoever, so I soon learned to say "Thanks but no thanks" to those freebees.
Aaah, this is more my style- free as well, can you believe it?
Here's the right of passage, from one bride to her MOH (sis in law Meagan)- a tradition started at my bachelorette party...
Seen here, I can't believe I am showing y'all this pic, (from 3 years ago btw)
The next day we ate at the most fabulous lunch place!!! Perla's.
My only comment about this place was the 3.00 mimosa... 3.00 you say, what a bargain!!! Well, they don't tell you you also have to pay 8.00 for the champagne that goes in the OJ!!!!! WHAT!
But my banana pancake was amazing, so I didn't care.
Shopping on Congress Street afterwards.

This is what you see at the end of congress street- so pretty!
That night, after a bit of sunbathing on the rooftop pool, we had our lingerie shower. Meagan, L's soon to be sis in law, and I threw her a shower in our hotel room. M brought cupcakes from a gourmet cupcake place called Sprinkles in Dallas- they were to die for! We also made this drink with champagne and a mango infused vodka called X-rated. I'd never heard of it, but a couple in the liquor store sold us on it, so we tried it out, and it was yummy and pink! SO cute!
Afterwards we headed to a fantastic sushi dinner at a place called Imperia. The bartender helped us get the night started with a toast and a sake bomb--- which is where you drop saki in a beer and Chug! There was no chugging for moi, since I am terrible at it, and had a 7am flight the next morning.
Such a fun trip and hopefully a great memory for Linds. Many more fun parties to come in the weeks ahead so stay tuned!!!!
PS- the sickly's are much better today, thank goodness!!!













So fun! Can't Wait to see all the pics!
ReplyDelete